Yesterday marked ONE month since Brandon left for Bahrain. I won't lie, those first two weeks, I was pathetic, but I am fully functional once again :)
I've learned that no matter how much I want to talk to him, it just can't always happen. At first I was putting a lot of time and energy into just being available all the time, so once we worked out a fairly consistent schedule of talk times, things got a lot easier. I wait to hear from him in the mornings, we can usually text throughout my work day, and then I'll take a 20 minute break from work occasionally and we can talk on the phone, or if I can find a private place, Skype. That's about all we get during the work week since by the time I get off work, he is already in bed.
Weekends are a lot nicer because we can Skype during my day/his evenings.
I have had to find ways to entertain myself during the evenings since I don't get to talk to B during my down time. I have been playing on a co-ed kickball team, been hiking, studying for the GRE, and discovering new food. :) I am generally happy and distracted but occasionally a bad day comes along and all I want is a hug from Brandon. Or to at least see his face and sometimes that doesn't even happen.
GOOD NEWS, THOUGH! Brandon's deployment has possibly been shortened from 4.5 months to 3! He could possibly be coming home in May :) BUT, I have also learned that the Navy can be cruel and tell you these things and do the exact opposite. The best advice I have gotten from these types of situations is to "Hope for the best, but expect the worst." - thank you for passing that on Jelana! So while I hope this is true, I am trying to not get my hopes up.
I am off to get some work done now :)
Yayy!! I can't believe it has been a month already!! You are doing awesome Jamie :) Josh heads out again Sunday for a month, maybe we should plan a get together?
ReplyDelete