Monday, March 4, 2013

Week 2 begins (3/4)

I gave myself a week to mope around, eat like crap, and be lazy. It is definitely what I needed and now I am feeling a little more like myself. This weekend was lazy, filled with lots of sleeping and a little thrift shopping. Then I went to Trader Joes, got some veggies and chicken and told myself that this week was going to be a bit better. It is only Monday, but I already feel like I have more energy.

I've set some goals to get done while Brandon is gone and to keep me busy:

- I am scheduled to take the GRE at the end of March and am looking into schools or jobs to take in VA when he gets back and I move up there with him. I need to get serious about studying...

- Saving money. Medical bills are paid off and I won't be spending money on gas for a few months, so I am putting money back each month for a travel fund :)

- Start working out again. Well, today was my first day and I am soooo stupidly out of shape. I am doing the p90x program and can't even get through a whole video like I used to be able to. It's depressing but shows how much I need to do it.

- I am also going to start trying new recipes so when we move in together, I can cook for us a little more. I've always liked cooking, but since I have lived by myself for so long, it is hard to find recipes for one person, so I haven't tried a lot of new things. It will also help on my venture to save money.

I am excited to have some things to look forward to and to better myself a little. I still miss Brandon terribly and I still struggle with not being able to see him or talk to him as much as I would like, but having goals helps and makes things a little easier.

Well, I'm off to lay on the couch and try not to move too much since my muscles are already getting sore. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment