Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Back to work! - day 3 (2/26)

Well, it was back to work today and with that I was hoping to feel a little bit of normalcy. I indeed did, but not in the best ways.

I know I am extremely lucky to have an amazing boss who completely understands the ups and downs of ones personal life. He has the philosophy that if you get your work done on time, it's done well, and its done right, then he doesn't care when you take off, come in late, or leave early. It's an awesome advantage, but he also knows that my job isn't necessarily a 'career' either. He knows when my lease runs out this year that I am planning on moving on. I just passed my two year mark of working for him and have been slowly losing interest in the daily ins and outs of my job. The work we do is important and interesting, but our studies are time consuming and a lot of our hard work seems to go to waste. It's not anyone's fault, it's just how science works, but it can be exhausting and a little less rewarding than I'd like.

Today I felt the full effect of both my frustrations at work and the stress of Brandon leaving at the same time. They seemed to feed off each other. I got my work done on time, it was done well, and it was done right, but I was not enthusiastic about it. I was sad all day and the pouring rain didn't do much to help that.

As a positive, I did get to text with Brandon for most of the day since he had the day off and therefor had wireless access. Starting tomorrow, I won't be that lucky since he begins work. So even that seemed to be a false sense of normalcy.

Well, here is to hoping tomorrow will be a better day. Maybe the sun will come out and (quite literally) brighten up my day a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment